- Last Updated: 23 August 2013
Taylor Seminary Application to Graduate 2014
There are a number of academic and administrative steps involved in the final stages of your degree program. If you are in the last semester(s) of your program and plan to graduate on May 4th, 2014, you must make a formal application to graduate.
“Students are ultimately responsible to ensure that all program requirements are met.”1
If you are unsure of your eligibility and would like to verify your graduation status prior to applying, please make an appointment with your Faculty Advisor to discuss if you have met or will meet the requirements of graduation prior to the deadline for submitting an application to graduate which is November 1st, 2013. At that time all application forms received will be subject to an academic review and audit.
Students are recommended for graduation by the faculty upon fulfillment of a number of important conditions. It needs to be clearly recognized that graduation from Taylor Seminary is no guarantee of ordination. The requirements for graduation are as follows:
1. Evidence must be given of Christian character and other spiritual qualifications commensurate with the requirements of the program in which the student is registered.
2. Students must successfully complete all required courses for the program in which they are enrolled. The passing grade for all courses is “D”: (1.00). Students must obtain an overall grade point average of 2.00 (“C”) or better in all courses applicable to the degree.
3. Candidates for graduation must submit an Application to Graduate form by the published date in the year of anticipated graduation. A non-refundable fee will be charged to cover the costs of the graduation exercises.
4. To be eligible to graduate from Taylor Seminary students must complete 26 credits in residency for the M.Div., 24 credits for the MTS and MA, and 15 credits for the diploma programs at Taylor Seminary.
5. A student need not be enrolled as a full-time student to fulfill the residency requirement.
6. Accounts must be paid in full before diplomas will be issued.
7. Students, who complete the requirements of a concentration, if applicable, will have that concentration noted on their diplomas and transcripts.” 2
When to Apply
The deadline for submission is November 1st, 2013 in order to be considered for 2014 graduation.
How to Apply
The graduation fee is $100 and due in your last semester. This fee is processed by the Business Office. Again, if you are unsure of your eligibility and would like to verify your graduation status prior to applying, please make an appointment with your Faculty Advisor to discuss if you have met or will meet the requirements of graduation prior to the deadline for submitting an application to graduate which is November 1st, 2013.
1 Taylor Seminary 2013-2014 Catalogue, Registration, p 20
2 Taylor Seminary 2013-2014 Catalogue, Graduation Requirement, p 31