Senior Pastor Position
Beaumont Community Church, Beaumont, Alberta
Beaumont Community Church is affiliated with the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada. It is a small, family oriented church, with an intergenerational worship style. As sole Pastor, his role is rather "all inclusive", and as such he must be able to work well both individually and in a team setting. We seek a pastor with a passion for Preaching, Teaching and Youth ministries. We are looking for a leader who will help us grow in practical application of God's Word in our lives, and teach and equip us to be disciples able to reach out to our neighbours and reflect God's love to them. We require a pastor with the ability to develop leaders from within the gifting of our church body.
A significant portion of the Senior Pastor's time will be devoted to Preaching, Teaching and Youth, with the balance supporting small group Bible studies, intergenerational ministry, equipping leaders for Evangelism/Outreach and Community & Social Needs. He will work with the counsel of the Leadership Team and congregation to develop the core ministries in our church.
We have a church plant in Edmonton, and are committed to encouraging and supporting that church's pastor.
We seek a Pastor who puts God first by spending regular time with the Lord, who is both a spiritual and life style role model to his congregants, and acts as caregiver by providing spiritual/practical counsel when needed.
The successful candidate will ideally have completed seminary training as a minimum education requirement. We expect to recognize a good fit with someone who is 30 or more years old and preferably married. He should be able to connect with people of all ages.
The lead pastor will accomplish this through:
1. Preaching and teaching God's Word to the congregation with practical life application
2. Overseeing the preparation and implementation of Sunday morning worship services
3. Overseeing Youth Bible studies and activities with other Youth leaders
4. Supporting the development of small group Bible studies
5. Recognizing gifting in individuals and equipping and encouraging them to utilize their gifts for service.
6. Engaging us in community to meet social needs through cooperation with Leadership
7. Working with ministry leaders, church board and elders to support, encourage and develop various ministries and future events.
The candidate must be able to oversee but give freedom/trust to those mandated to lead or manage a particular area or assignment.
Remuneration to be commensurate with EMCC standards, depending on experience.
For further information see our website, found at: http://www.beaumontcommunitychurch.ca