Danielle Strickland and Dr. Terry LeBlanc are among the speakers at this second annual gathering.
Terwillegar Community Church
October 22, 9:00 – 4:00
Online Registration to Open August 5
Early registration $80 before October 10, 2014
$100 after October 10.
Rekindle – Realign – Reclaim
Join us for a day of equipping and renewal as we are encouraged through the song and ministry of Carolyn Arends.
Other sessions will include:
- Left Behind: Preparing the Church Office for a Pastor's Sabbatical
- Recognizing the Signs of Domestic Abuse and What to Do
- Hanging Out the Welcome Sign: Becoming a More Welcoming Church
- And skill-building Tech Tips, including:
- How to Make a Church Information System Work for You!
- Tools for Managing Multiple Multimedia Platforms
- ©opyright Law and the Church
- What on Earth is the Cloud (and Where is it??)
It is our prayer that you leave us at the end of the day refreshed and energized, with new ideas and perhaps a new perspective!
Over many decades of faithful service, the volunteers who give their time and effort to White Cross have helped their fellow believers in Cameroon accomplish the seemingly impossible – a network of hospitals and clinics that provide essential care to over one-million patients each year.
On numerous occasions, many volunteers from this area have been privileged to witness the work in Cameroon first-hand, building relationships and deepening our understanding of the needs, opportunities and resources of everyone involved. The insights gained during these trips allow us to better align our activities to be most effective.
At the invitation of the Cameroon Baptist Convention, White Cross Canada will send two people to Cameroon in May 2014 to meet with their counterparts in Africa. Dr. Keir Hammer, the director of White Cross (Canada) and Tim Willson from Taylor College and Seminary will be joined by JJ Williams of White Cross (USA) for extensive meetings with the officials at the many hospitals and health clinics that receive support from White Cross.
As an essential member or interested supporter of this ministry, you are invited to celebrate the work of White Cross in several ways:
- Join us for a Dessert Night on May 6, 2014 where you can hear more about this upcoming trip, share your own experience, be part of some photos and videos that will be shared with those in Cameroon.
- Follow this trip online at www.taylor-edu.ca/wahlcentre/whitecross and at Facebook.com/TaylorUpdates (Note: the regularity of updates depends on internet access)
- Attend another information session at the conclusion of the trip where a detailed report, including photos and videos, will be shared (details to be confirmed at a later date)
- Request copies of a printed White Cross update to be prepared at the conclusion of this trip
- Request a DVD about this trip and about the White Cross ministry to share with your church (expected to be available by Fall 2014).
Come and hear about this trip and share with others in the rich history of the NAB ministry in Cameroon through the Cameroon Baptist Convention and White Cross.
Dessert Night - Tuesday, May 6th
Come and hear about White Cross, and learn about this trip to Cameroon to meet with our counterparts in Africa. You will also have a chance to share stories about the role you and your church play in this vital ministry of compassion. Come and meet your fellow White Cross supporters and volunteers!
Date: May 6, 2014
Time: 7:00 PM
Format: Casual, drop-in format – Please feel free to drop by!
Program: Short presentation begins at 7:30 in Stencel Hall
Cost: FREE (donation basket will be available)
Location: Taylor College and Seminary
11525 - 23 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T6A 3W1
NOTE: Young people and children are welcome to attend; please invite them – they are the future of this ministry!
This is a FREE event, but we are asking you to take 1-2 minutes to register so we can plan to have enough dessert on hand.
Just click the REGISTER NOW button below.
Location: Greenfield Community Church
Dr. Peter Enns will be joined by a number of other speakers who will help us experience, learn and enjoy the Scriptures. The theme for the conference this year is Creation /New Creation.
A bite-sized learning opportunity - just $15!
On Wednesday, April 30th, 2014 the Wahl Centre at Taylor invites you to our first Lunch & Learn for Church Administrative Professionals. This event is for anyone who loves our annual CAPs events, with practical training and networking for those who serve the church in an administrative role.
This event will run from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM, with a boxed lunch provided by Sunterra Markets. Our speaker will be computer guru Joanne Swensrud of Know IT Sooner, and the topic will offer a ton of tips and tricks in a session called "Everything you Wanted to do with Microsoft Office but Didn't Know How!"
Even if you've been using Microsoft Office for years there are many tricks you may not be aware of that will save you time and increase your productivity. Joanne, one of our presenters from our last CAPs conference is back by popular demand to offer up more Tips and Tricks for us. Join us for some learning, a delicious lunch and the opportunity to network with other church administrative professionals.