REGISTRATION 2013 – 2014
Greetings from the Registrar’s Office!
1. REGISTRATION. You must complete your Registration Form in full. It is strongly recommended that you meet with your faculty advisor for course selection guidance. Your Faculty Advisor’s signature is required before the registration is processed.
a. Registration Forms are available on-line (http://www.taylor-edu.ca/taylor/pdf/RegistrationForm2013-2014.pdf) Paper copies are available in the front foyer beside the General Office.
c. Your student account must also be paid up in full before you can be registered.
2. ADD/DROP. Once you are registered, changes can be made by adding or dropping course(s) until the ADD/DROP deadline. You must complete and submit a Course Add/Drop Form. Failure to do so could result in being charged for a course(s) you are not attending and/or receive a final grade of “F” in the course(s). This form is available on the seminary website (http://www.taylor-edu.ca/taylor/pdf/ADD-DROP_2013-02.pdf) Paper copies are available in the front foyer beside the General Office.
>> DEADLINE for the Fall 2013 Semester is Friday, September 13th, 2013!
>> DEADLINE for the Winter 2014 Semester is Friday, January 31st, 2014!
3. WITHDRAWAL. To withdraw from your program, you must complete and submit the Notification of Withdrawal Form. This form is available through the General Office. Failure to do so could result in being charged for the course(s) and receive a final grade of “F” in the course(s).
4. PROGRAM CHANGE. To change your program, you must complete and submit the Program Change Form. This form is available in the front foyer beside the General Office.
5. REQUEST FOR AN INCOMPLETE. The Academic Committee must receive a completed Request for an Incomplete Form from the student via the Registrar’s Office on or before the last day of classes of the semester. No requests will be considered after this date. The Academic Committee will notify the student of their decision. This form is available through the General Office.
6. 2013-2014 CATALOGUE. All important dates have been listed by semester on pages 4 and 5 of the 2013-2014 Catalogue, available on-line here (http://www.taylor-edu.ca/taylor/pdf/TaylorSeminary_Catalog2013-14.pdf) or at the front foyer beside the General Office. Registration, Fees, and Academic policies are outlined in the Catalogue. Next to your Bible, this is your new best friend.
7. COURSE LISTINGS, TIMETABLE, AND COURSE SYLLABI. Course listings, timetables, and course syllabi are posted on the Taylor Seminary Website here (http://www.taylor-edu.ca/seminary/student-info/registrar-s-office) and the Academic Bulletin Board as soon as they are available. Please note that the timetables for January 2014 Intersession and Spring 2014 Session are subject to change.
8. STUDENT SCHEDULES. Student Schedules are mailed to all registered students in mid-August along with other information. Students are ultimately responsible for their course selection. Your Faculty Advisor may be helpful in giving advice and guidance. NOTE: Your Student Schedule is a confirmation of registration. When any changes are made to a student’s schedule (Add/Drop Course(s)) during the academic year an updated student schedule will be emailed directly to the student. It is vital that the Registrar’s Office has your current, active email address.
9. FULL-TIME STUDENT STATUS. Students taking nine (9) or more credits per semester are considered full-time students. When calculating full-time status, courses taken in the January 2014 Intersession are added to courses taken in the Fall 2013 semester and courses taken in the Spring 2014 Session are added to the Winter 2014 semester.
10. REGISTRAR'S OFFICE. For your convenience, check out the REGISTRAR page on the Taylor Seminary website for important information and updates. Registrations and requests are processed in order by date of submission. For registrations and requests, appropriate forms must be completed and submitted to the Registrar’s Office in person, PDF document via e-mail, fax, or mail. Forms with missing information will not be processed until all required information is received. Verbal requests and e-mail messages are not considered to be formal requests.
If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact:
Janine Cooper, Registry Clerk (
Messages can be left at the Registrar’s Office: (780) 431-5208
For an appointment with the Registrar, available office hours are:
Tuesday and Thursday
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Have a blessed year!
Su Jin Chong, Registrar